2017년 4월 24일 월요일

Extra Crispy Spicy Fried Chicken {Crazy Cooking Challenge}

DSC_0116
When I saw that the “recipe” for this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge was fried chicken I may have let out a little squeal. I will full-heartedly admit that fried chicken is my favorite food. God was in a very good mood when he gave whoever invented it the idea! I mean, it’s crunchy, juicy, greasy, salty…the things deliciousness are made of. As much as I love it, I very rarely eat it and never make it homemade. We don’t really ever fry anything so it’s just an occasional indulgence when we go out to eat. But I was more than happy to give it an attempt at home for the sake of the Challenge. DSC_0120
I found a billion different blogger recipes I wanted to try but I decided on this one because it was created based on Popeye’s Chicken and you just can’t go wrong with that. It was just as the name states and totally delicious. Whenever I need a crispy, fried indulgence this is exactly what will pop into my head and cook up on my stove!
DSC_0117
Extra Crispy Spicy Fried Chicken
recipe from From Away
3 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 cup hot red pepper sauce (I like Louisiana Hot Sauce)
4 cups flour
2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 quart buttermilk (optional)
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder (to taste)
1 (1 to 2 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into pieces Peanut Oil, for fryingDSC_0124
1. Place cut-up chicken in a large bowl, and cover with buttermilk. Cover and chill for two hours, or overnight. This is an optional (but recommended) step.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs, water, and red pepper sauce. Whisk until combined.
3. In a large gallon freezer bag, mix flour, pepper, paprika, and cayenne.
4. Remove chicken from buttermilk (if marinated) and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Place all chicken pieces in freezer bag with flour mixture. Shake until all pieces are evenly coated.
6. Remove chicken pieces one at a time, shaking excess flour. Dip each piece in the egg mixture, and return to bag of flour. After all pieces of been dipped in the egg mixture and put back in the bag, give it a second shake to coat chicken pieces again.
7. Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan to 350 degrees. Working in batches, drop each piece of chicken into the hot oil. Fry for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally if oil does not completely cover chicken. Keep in mind that dark meat chicken takes longer to cook than white meat. Watch your wing segments, as well; these will finish cooking first.
Fried Chicken Collage

Share t

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기