This healthy, flavorful salad comes together so quickly and easily, and it is guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family!
After spending 10 days in Los Angeles with Jason’s family, it’s an understatement to say that we were both very well-fed with homemade Korean food and lots and lots of donuts. But now that the holidays are over and we’re back home, it’s time to shed that holiday weight!
BBQ Chicken Salad
This healthy, flavorful salad comes together so quickly, and it is guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, tomato, corn, beans, onion and cheeses. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips.
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 401.4 Calories from Fat 178.2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19.8g 30%
Saturated Fat 6.4g 32%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Cholesterol 75.2mg 25%
Sodium 734.2mg 31%
Total Carbohydrate 28.3g 9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1g 24%
Protein 29.1g 58%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.