2017년 7월 21일 금요일

Strawberry Margarita Squares {Eating the Alphabet Series}

I'm joining the Eating the Alphabet challenge this month, and the letters are S and/or T. In case you forgot,  it's gotta be a fruit, vegetable, or legume/grain.

Sure, I found tons of delicious tomato recipes, and even sundried tomato recipes.

But in the end I chose the always-delicious strawberry.


























  
Why? To make these.

 


















 

Strawberry Margarita Squares. 

 
























I love me some lime, but PJ doesn't like it to be overwhelming. I agree, maybe next time we could cut back on the lime a bit. And next time I'd definitely up the pretzel amount. It barely covered my 9x13 pan! I love the crunchy contrast, as well as the addition of saltiness, so I definitely want more crust next time. I also preferred it more frozen. After letting it sit out for 15 minutes, it softened up quite a bit. So depends how you like it, if you want it soft like cool whip, set it out before serving. If you want it to be a bit more on the frozen side like me, just serve immediately from the freezer. 




















The recipe below will include my suggested modifications of less lime and more pretzels!

 
















Strawberry Margarita Squares
adapted from Kraft
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup pureed strawberries
  • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
  • sliced strawberries, for garnish

Mix pretzel crumbs and butter in a bowl. Transfer to a 13x9-inch pan. Press onto bottom of pan to form a crust. Refrigerate until ready to use. 
 
Combine condensed milk, pureed strawberries and lime juice in a large bowl. Gently stir in the Cool Whip; pour over crust.

Freeze for at least 6 hours. If desired, remove from freezer and set at room temperature to soften slightly. Top with sliced strawberries when serving.
 
 
Printable Recipe

 
















Linky Tools subscription expired. List not available.
Won't you join us next month?  :)


Peace, and bacon grease!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기