2018년 6월 30일 토요일

Augustana - Ash and Ember (Official Music Video)




LYRICS: Am I seeing double? Am I withdrawn? Depositing lyrics into a love song A Spider weaving webs for a catch that won't come? Am I pruning roses from a dead bush? A soldier running late for the ambush? Readying the deck for a storm thats long gone? (Is it too late?) It's never-ending, but never-the-less I'm the first one to second my guess And the fire in my heart came from ash and ember And every step I take, got the devil to repay I'll never make it out alive but I won't surrender Had to take it day by day, had to learn the hard way Like a Phoenix rising up from ash and ember Am I reaching out for something that i can't grab? Something infinitely splitting into two halves? Is there something I forgot that I can't remember? Am I swimming in a river that was man-made? Demolishing a road that was just paved? It's like trying to catch a june-bug in late December Have I climbed the ladder to the last rung? Am I simply gonna finish where I started from? Is the future just a past that i'll never outrun? And every step I take, got the devil to repay I'll never make it out alive but I won't surrender Had to take it day by day, had to feel a heartbreak Like a Phoenix I was born from ash and ember

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기