2023년 10월 7일 토요일

Angels & Airwaves - Rite Of Spring


I was locked all day in the summer heatIn a small brown house in suburban streetsWith a skateboard and my shit guitarI dreamed all day that they would get me farMy dad would ask me about my gradesThe asshole sports that I never playedAnd then I'd ask about the girls he'd dateBehind our backs when mom had stayed up lateIt was near when I turned sixteenGot kicked out of school and so it seemedThings were closing in and ready to blowMy dad moved out about that year or soIt took an hour to start a punk rock bandTo upset my fucked up family landAnd as I held my mum would start to cryI swore ourselves, a better life
If I had a chance for another tryI wouldn't change a thingThis made me all on who I am insideAnd if I could thank GodThat I am here, and that I am aliveAnd everyday I wakeI tell myself a little harmless lieThe whole wide world is mine
The summers gone, the years have passedMy friends have changed, a few did lastThe smallest dreams got pushed asideThe largest ones that changed my lifeAnd all I wish for has come to passFrom rock and roll, to love and cashIt's all success if it's what you needDo what you like and do it honestly
If I had a chance for another tryI wouldn't change a thingThis made me all on who I am insideAnd if I could thank GodThat I am here and that I am aliveAnd everyday I wakeI tell myself a little harmless lieThe whole wide world is mine
Hey oh oh ohHey oh ohHey oh oh ohHey oh ohHey oh oh ohHey oh ohHey oh oh ohHey oh oh
If I had a chance for another tryI wouldn't change a thingThis made me all on who I am insideAnd if I could thank GodThat I am here, and that I am aliveAnd everyday I wakeI tell myself a little harmless lieThe whole wide world is mine (the whole wide world is mine)If I had a chance for another tryI wouldn't change a thingThis made me all on who I am inside (the whole wide world is mine)And if I could thank GodThat I am here, and that I am alive (the whole wide world is mine)And everyday I wakeI tell myself a little harmless lie (the whole wide world is mine)The whole wide world is mine

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기