2023년 11월 9일 목요일

Rise Against - The Black Market


A currency of heartache and sorrowThe air we breathe is stale with moldTo shadows, we are slaves digging deeper every dayBut emptiness is growing so old
Headlamps light the tunnels we wanderThey shimmer and they dance on the wallsWe're lost inside these caves as the chances of escapeGrow slimmer 'til there's no chance at all
This ink, it travels from the pageUp my hand and to my veinsChoking on those stories I've toldIf there are words here left to sayI just wanna let you know
I'm falling on my knees right nowI'm covered in the mess I madeThese colors used to wash right outBut now they are a part of me
I've been searching for a remedyWhen all along it's been in front of meI need you here, I need you nowRight now
We traffic in the blackest of marketsTrade misery like diamonds and goldThe angst that we exchange for applause and petty praiseIs finally now taking its toll
But there's a world above the groundA life that we can leadWe're washing off the dirt from our clothesI don't wanna live withoutI just wanna let you know
I'm falling on my knees right nowI'm covered in the mess I madeThese colors used to wash right outBut now they are a part of me
I've been searching for a remedyWhen all along it's been in front of meI need you here, I need you nowRight nowRight now, oh-oh
they mark me like a letter(Don't fade) cracking under the pressure(Black stains) nothing stays gold
There's a world above the groundA life that we can leadBut we're lost deep down in these holesAnd I have seen the way outNow I just wanna let you know
I'm falling on my knees right now (black stains)I'm covered in the mess I made (won't fade)These colors used to wash right out (black stains)But now they are a part of me
I've been searching for a remedyWhen all along it's been in front of meYour voice, it washed the stains away(It washed the stains away) oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-ohOh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh(It washed the stains away) oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기