2024년 4월 12일 금요일

Brand New - The Archers' Bows Have Been Broken


Who do you carry the torch for, my young man?Do you believe in anything?Do you carry it around just to burn things down?
Meet me tonight at the turnpike, my darling'Cause we believe in anythingIf we sweat all these debts, then we're sure to drownSo we strap ourselves up to this engine nowWith a god who we found laying under the backseat
What did you learn tonight?You're shouting so loudYou barely joyous, broken thingYou're a voice that never sings, is what I sayYou are freezing over hellYou are bringing on the end, you do so wellYou can only blame yourself, is what I say
Order your daughters to ignore meThink that will sort meAnd sweep me under the rugYou're beating with a book everyoneThat book tells you to love
Oh, there is a ember in the heart of the kilnAnd it's burning hot with loveBurning out my sins until there's nothing but dustRolling me with care into your cigarette'Cause the god I believe in never worked on a campaign trail
What did you learn tonight?You're shouting so loudYou barely joyous, broken thingYou're a voice that never sings, is what I sayYou are freezing over hellYou are bringing on the end, you do so wellYou can only blame yourself, is what I say
Who do you carry the torch for, my young man?Do you believe in anything?Do you carry it around just to burn things to the ground?
What did you learn tonight?You're shouting so loudYou barely joyous, broken thingYou're a voice that never sings, is what I sayYou are freezing over hellYou are bringing on the end, you do so wellYou can only blame yourself, is what I say
Feels like we could escape (What did you learn tonight?)And I don't mind (You're shouting so loud)Throwing away this filthy, silver tongue (You barely joyous, broken thing)You're a voice that never sings, is what I sayIf you try run in a maze of your lies (You are freezing over hell)It's too hard to save (You are bringing on the end)If you've thrown out everyone (You do so well)

You can only blame yourself, is what I say 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기