"TELL ME WHY"
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
I woke up in a conference room
Two guys in polyester suits
With clipboards say,
“We’re here to do
Your earthly exit interview!
Before we even get to that
The question that they always ask
Is ‘Can you tell me how I died?’”
“And yes, we can! Mark, hit the lights!”
“You’re waiting at the DMV
Ticket number 103
You hate the lady
Next to you
She was coughing, breathing
Next to you
“You said, ‘God please kill me now’
We decide to help you out,
Now you are here and here is now,”
“Wait—why the fuck is he freaking out?”
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
My child, my child
I heard you had some questions
‘Bout policy and usage of
Divine intervention
I know that you’re frustrated
My design is complicated
But I’m here to answer questions if you want
Okay!
I just need some answers
Like, why do kids get cancer?
Why is murder even possible?
Why’s heartbreak feel unstoppable?
What’s the point of allergies?
Why did you even make disease?
Why is money not fulfilling?
Why do—
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
Why I care
Why I cry
Why I’m so terrified
Why the hell
Do I try
Like, can I get a sign?
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
Okay, I hear you and I get it
But to understand the answers to these questions
There’s something else you need to see.
Step into this elevator
Buh-bye—
Welcome to hell
We’re so glad you’ve arrived
Some folks that you know are already inside!
There’s nowhere to run
There’s nowhere to hide
There’s no escaping, I’ve already tried
Good luck!
GOING DOWN
Welcome, Mr. Knight!
It’s a hot one, am I right?
Uhhh, yeah, I guess, I’m just confused, like
Why am I here? What’d I do?
Hell of a question,
Mr. Sneaking Out Of Heaven
Oooooo, deadly sins, let’s see,
You collected all seven!
And you think that you deserve an answer why
When this is how you lived your fucking life:
You treated people like possessions,
While withholding your affections,
Thought fame would heal depression,
But you hated your reflection
And you’re just like, a bitch sometimes—wait what
Sir, it seems like there’s been a mistake
God dammit, Janine, I really liked him
I’m sent back to that conference room,
Mark says, “We got news for you!
We got it wrong, you’re going back
You survived the heart attack!”
Woke up to fluorescent lights,
IV’s keeping me alive
Doesn’t change the way I felt
Saw it all and I still can’t tell
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
If the only point of life is not to die
Can you tell me why
Can you tell me why?
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기